TL;DR In this tutorial, we are going to build a real-time to-do app backend with GraphQL APIs, secured using JSON Web Tokens.
Setup a Real-Time Backend With Hasura
Hasura gives instant real-time GraphQL APIs over PostgreSQL. It comes with built-in role-based access control and supports Authorization over webhooks and JWT. Hasura automatically generates types, queries, and mutations when connected to a PostgreSQL database, and the client can query directly with auth.
A front-end application has been implemented using React, and has the following features:
- A simple UI to list, add and delete our to-dos
- A collaborative real-time UI for public to-dos
- Authentication with Auth0
- Auth0 rules to automate syncing of user signup with a database
- Apollo client connecting to GraphQL APIs
We will focus more on building the backend with Hasura and Auth0, and use a React app demo as an example to show how everything integrates.
Continue Reading 🛠