This is a living post (regularly updated document). I will keep adding links to relevant design & development resources for building dual-screen apps for devices like the Surface Duo as I find them.
How can you use this post effectively?
- First 👈🏽 bookmark this post, add to reading list
- Next 👇🏽 subscribe to comments to get content updates
The Surface Duo is a dual-screen device from Microsoft.
- It runs Android by default (access apps in Play store)
- It has built-in support for M365 apps (productivity)
- It has a unique 360-degree hinge (multi-posture)
- It is mobile developer friendly (native, cross-platform, mobile web)
Want to know the vision behind the device? Read this:
Want to read detailed posts on the developer journey for Surface Duo app development? Follow this tag:
Have resources of your own that you want to share? We'd love to hear from you - just leave a comment!
Want to start building apps for Surface Duo? Start here:
- Read | Introduction to dual screen devices
- Install | Surface Duo SDK
- Validate | Test Your Emulator
- Develop | Native, Cross-Platform or Mobile Web
- Subscribe | Surface Duo Blog
- Bookmark | Azure for Mobile Developers
This section lists developer-authored content for the various development platforms, that provide deep dives into specific aspects
- Dual Screen App Patterns
- Dual Screen Layout Libraries
- Pen Events On Surface Duo
- Hinge Angle on Surface Duo
- Get Started
- Part 1: Build React Native Apps For Surface Duo
- Part 2: New React Native dual-screen navigation module
- React Native Samples
- Get Started
- CSS Media Query: Spanning
- Windows Segments API: Screens
- Part 1: Dual Screen web experiences preview
- Part 2: Build and Test dual-screen web apps
- Web Samples
Microsoft Learn is a good resource for self-study with the potential to earn certification in specific tech areas.
- Browse | Learn Content
- Explore | Certifications
- Path | Customize, add advanced features to Xamarin.Forms apps
- Module | Build dual-screen Xamarin.Forms apps w/ TwoPaneView
Posted on by: