- WordPress w/Woocommerce - site not developed by me - I like JS, learning PHP now though
- I do tweaks with CSS, configure settings/plugins report to a off-site dev with problems questions
- I designed a system to acquire/store/manipulate/transfer data
- I FTP or web scrape for data
- I keep master spreadsheets in Excel - most time is spent in Excel
- I take the raw incoming data and processes it into lots of (maybe 50) properties
- lots of formulas to manipulate data - product linking, attributes for filtering/searching, too many product details - most thought provoking part of job - vlookups, index, match all day
- keep product up to date, accurate - 150000 total products last I looked
- download images optimize/size them with photoshop - automations for various views
- upload image to image server
This wasn't exactly what I was expecting and I am the only tech person in a small office. I am hesitant to just put Data Entry, although that is what I do - for some reason my ego says my job is more technical than that - if its not I can probably accept that. I know I am not a web developer in this role - part of me wishes I went down the WP/PHP route after I found out how much they paid for site design. Maybe I am a Web Scraper, but that sounds kind of weird and doesn't really sum it all up.
Please chime in. Thanks in advance.
My boss is hilarious. He said I can call the position whatever I want and he has my back. We did entertain Ecommerce Data Management Specialist for a little bit.