If you are wondering why should you learn C++ or what will you be able to build using C++, know that C++ targets all platforms-
- Windows, Mac, Linux
- Embedded C++ (robots, IoT, etc.)
Different coding patterns and libraries are available for building products all of which are based on the common syntax and standard libraries -
- high performance / low latency applications
- servers (no GUI)
- corporate GUI
We will begin with building command-line application first. Command line applications -
- run in a 'console' or 'terminal' or 'shell'
- outputs characters to screen
- input is from user typing characters
- no graphic, sound animation, etc.
- but, makes a good common denominator
It allows to learn the language and the syntax without worrying about the libraries and frameworks that surround the language.
Please leave out comments with anything you don't understand or would like for me to improve upon.
Thanks for reading!
Top comments (0)