First check to see if you need to install npm. npm is the world's largest Software Registry. Its what developers use to share software. You can check to see if you have it and what version it is by typing this into the command line: npm -v . If you need to install it, then do so.
- In the command line type: npm install -g create-react-app
- After that installs: cd into the folder you want your app to reside.
Now to create a new app:
- create-react-app PROJECT_NAME
- cd into PROJECT_NAME
- In the terminal type: npm start
- In the browser go to: http://localhost:3000/
In my next post I will share my next steps to take to create an awesome React App!