If you are learning to code, chances are you might be learning Python. What are some ways that you are able to learn Python effectively and efficiently? Arguably, one of the best ways to learn a programming language is by practicing projects that have real world applications. By working on real projects, you’ll be able to analyze the problem and come up with your own code solution. It’s also a great way to build up your portfolio!
Beginner-level projects: You will need a basic understanding of Python fundamentals
- RSS feed reader in terminal: Practice building a tool for fetching and converting the feed with a given RSS feed URL.
- RSS feed reader website: Work with and become familiar with RSS feeds and practice how to parse XML.
- Web scraper to get news article content: Build a simple web scraper using Python libraries to obtain web page content and select the elements you need on a web page.
- Medicine dose tracker web app: Build a web app with a simple UI to add medicine name, dosages, and frequency. Learn and practice using HTML/CSS, REST APIs, and connecting databases.
- Weekly newsletter summary email: Create a serverless app to consolidate your email subscriptions into a single weekly summary email.
- Background job system: Build a background system and practice writing concurrent programming.
Hard projects: These are for the advanced. Some of the projects require knowledge of other languages.
- Plagiarism checker website: Build an automated solution that handles plagiarism detection with Flask and Bootstrap.
- Online photo collage tool: Build a web app with completely separate front end, API, task queue, and optional storage components. Practice handling image inputs from users and processing basic image tasks asynchronously.
You can find more unique projects in other tech stacks on DevProjects. It’s a free community where users can learn programming by building projects. Our goal is to bridge the learning gap between theory and real-world code. Each project spec is uniquely designed by senior developers and is clear and limited in scope.
👇🏼 Leave a comment below to let me know which project looks the most interesting to you!👇🏼