Hello dev.to, my name is Sonny and I am a Curriculum Developer at Codecademy. We recently proposed, designed, and built our Learn C++ course that launched in December. Over the last three months, 184,038 learners have started the course and it is currently our 5th most popular course on the site. 😱
So to celebrate, my teammate Mariel and I launched a beginner-friendly C++ Community Challenge to our Pro learners that will last to the end of the month. We want to give back to the community and also hope to inspire more collaboration & teamwork for the learners. And there are prizes: Codecademy hoodies and Arduino Unos!
- Find a code buddy in our Lifelong Learner Slack. 👯
- Decide on and build a project together. 🌱
- Submit a link to your GitHub repository by March 31. Voilà! 🙌
The prize deadline for submission is Sunday, March 31, 2019 11:59PM EST. Your project can be whatever your team decides. It will be judged based on:
- Use of vectors and functions in your code.
- Collaboration (coding is more fun when you work together).
- Originality and readability of your code (make it your own and use style conventions and comments to keep things legible).
Winners will be announced the first week of April.