Disclosure: This post includes affiliate links; our team may receive compensation if you purchase products or services from the different links provided in this article.
Data Structures and Algorithms are indispensable when we talk about programming and the paradigm. Data Structures form the foundational basis for building complex software and programs. thus, a good knowledge of the same is essential to understand the intricacies that a programming language or framework offers.
Algorithmic knowledge combined with a good understanding of the implementation of Data Structures is a perfect blend for anyone who aspires to work in the IT sector. Today, with the increasing dynamics, we see a new language/technology/framework coming up. And it is difficult to keep up with everything that is being invented. However, what remains the same are the programming paradigms, data structures, and the algorithms involved.
All said and done, I guess, I have laid enough emphasis on the importance of Data Structures & Algorithms. Now, the real catch lies in learning to implement these Data Structures and Algorithms to real-life use cases. Eventually, we aim to solve real-world problems by employing the characteristics that a DS possesses. Thus, learning the concept, the implementation and ability to link that conceptual understanding to real-world scenarios is the ultimate goal behind every software engineer's work, if not directly then eventually!
Data Types can be broadly classified into two categories:
1. Abstract/Primitive Data Types
2. Derived/User-Defined Data Types
Now the Primitive data types mainly involve the basic types like
int, float, double, char, long, etc.
But, the Derived data types are classified into a multitude of structures and these are the ones that form the basis for developing complex architectures.
But amidst the overwhelming nature od Data Structures, we cannot neglect the equal importance that Algorithms entail. We have multiple algorithms and paradigms in general, which are:
- Greedy Algorithm
- Dynamic Programming
- Divide & Conquer Algorithm
- Branch and Bound Algorithm
- Brute-Force Algorithm
Now, apart from these basic algorithms, we also have the Searching Algos, Sorting Algos and domain-specific ML Algorithms(Which are out of the scope of this article)
- Linear Search - O(n)
- Binary Search - O(log n)
- Selection Sort
- Insertion Sort
- Bubble Sort
- Merge Sort
- Quick Sort
- Heap Sort
- Radix Sort
- Bucket Sort And the list is eternal, these were just "some of the many" algorithms that we have!
Learning Data Structures & Algorithms can be challenging initially if you do not have any coding background or you are just starting on venturing into this domain. Thus, Coursesity has curated a list of Best Online Data Structures & Algorithms Courses which you can take up to get hands-on experience with DS.
Course rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 ( 9,691 Ratings total)
In this course, you will be able to:
- Master commonly asked interview questions.
- Tackle common data structures used in web development.
- Practice dozens of different challenges.
- Clear, well-diagramed explanations for every single problem to make sure you understand the solution
- An overview of the most important data structures to know about. These are presented for people without a CS degree.
- A huge collection of common algorithm questions, including everything from 'reversing a string' to 'determine the width of a BST'
- Sensible strategies for tackling systems design problems
- Insider tips on answering what interviewers are actually looking for
- Constant support on the Udemy Q&A forums from me!
You can take Coding Interview Bootcamp Algorithms, Data Structures Course Certificate Course on Udemy.
Learn, Analyse, and Implement Data Structure using C and C++. Learn Recursion and Sorting.
Course rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 ( 8,248 Ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Learn various Popular Data Structures and their Algorithms.
- Develop your Analytical skills on Data Structure and use then efficiently.
- Learn Recursive Algorithms on Data Structures.
- Learn about various Sorting Algorithms.
- Implementation of Data Structures using C and C++.
You may be new to Data Structure or you have already Studied and Implemented Data Structures but still, you feel you need to learn more about Data Structure in detail so that it helps you solve challenging problems and used Data Structure efficiently.
You can take Mastering Data Structures and Algorithms with C and C++ Training Certificate Course on Udemy.
Learn about Arrays, Linked Lists, Trees, Hashtables, Stacks, Queues, Heaps, Sort algorithms and Search algorithms
Course rating: 4.4 out of 5.0 ( 5,720 Ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Learn the strengths and weaknesses of a variety of data structures, so you can choose the best data structure for your data and applications.
- Code implementation of each data structure, so you understand how they work under the covers.
- Learn many of the algorithms commonly used to sort data, so your applications will perform efficiently when sorting large datasets.
- Learn what’s available in the JDK for storing and sorting data, so you won’t waste time reinventing the wheel.
You can take Data Structures and Algorithms: Deep Dive Using Java Certificate Course on Udemy.
A guide to implementing the most up to date algorithms from scratch: arrays, linked lists, graph algorithms, and sorting
Course rating: 4.2 out of 5.0 ( 2,230 Ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Have a good grasp of algorithmic thinking.
- Be able to develop your algorithms.
- Be able to detect and correct inefficient code snippets.
- setting up the environment
- data structures and abstract data types
- what is an array data structure
- arrays related interview questions
- linked list data structure and its implementation
- stacks and queues
- related interview questions
- what are binary search trees
- practical applications of binary search trees
- problems with binary trees
- balanced trees: AVL trees and red-black trees
- what are heaps
- heapsort algorithm
- associative arrays and dictionaries
- how to achieve O(1) constant running time with hashing
- ternary search trees as associative arrays
- basic graph algorithms
- breadth-first and depth-first search
- shortest path algorithms
- Dijkstra's algorithm
- Bellman-Ford algorithm
- what are spanning trees
- Kruskal algorithm
- sorting algorithms
- bubble sort, selection sort, and insertion sort
- quicksort and merge sort
- non-comparison based sorting algorithms
- counting sort and radix sort
You can take Algorithms and Data Structures in Python Certificate Course on Udemy.
Crack the coding interview by getting mastery in data structures & algorithms & Become a data structures & algorithms Ace
Course rating: 4.6 out of 5.0 ( 1,469 Ratings total)
In this course, you will :
- Understand the coding principles and Understand How to write code in an efficient way with the help of choosing the right data structures and efficient algorithms.
- How to choose the right data structures for your need.
- Understand the concept behind Arrays, Linked Lists, Hash tables, Trees, Graph, Stacks, Queues, Sort algorithms, and Search algorithms.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Data structures and Algorithms.
- Understand popular algorithms, and how to use it when you need it.
- Learn everything you need to crack difficult coding interviews.
- Reason for applicability and usability of Data Structures.
You can take Data Structures and Algorithms - The Complete Masterclass Certificate Course on Udemy.
Glad to see, that you have made it till the end. If this article added some value to your learning or if you liked it then like, upvote and share it in your network. In case you want to explore more, you can take the Free Data Structures & Algorithms Courses
In case you liked this article, you can also visit the following posts of mine;
Also, I would love to hear any feedback and review from you. Please tell me what you liked in the comment section below. Happy Learning!✨
Posted on May 31 by: