2 years ago, I left my job full-time and joined Kevin to take the indie-hacker road.
We had some ups and downs.
We tanked our first product, a price monitoring application, that never managed to make money even 9 months after launch.
Nevertheless, we persisted and then launched ScrapingBee, a web-scraping API.
I don't know if you've been following our open report on Twitter or IndieHacker but currently, ScrapingBee is making around $4k per month.
It is far from being enough to make a living out of it but we feel like we are onto something and work hard every-day to make it work.
Today we are excited to release a 130 pages about web scraping, for free.
We don't even ask about your email.
The first four chapters are language agnostic, and the last can be applied to any language, so don't be scared if you don't know Java 😃
By the end of the book, you will know:
- How to scrape any website
- Just enough XPath / Regex / DOM knowledge to be dangerous 😈
- How to programmatically perform actions on a website behind a login form 🤖
- Parse information inside PDFs 📑
- Bypass captchas ⛔️
- Deploy your scrapers in the cloud ☁️
The book is available here.