I built a very simple blogging engine with Ruby, Sinatra and GraphQL. I'm trying to create a lightweight Ghost alternative so the look of the default theme is Ghost'y.
- You can... write posts. In markdown. In a nice real-time preview editor (thanks to those who open-source their cool projects. The markdown editor I use called simple-markdown-editor).
- It uses Vue.JS.
- Sqlite/mysql/postgres support (Sequel can handle more but I'm not trying to provide support for all the existing databases, so I picked the most popular).
- Dockerized (with docker-compose).
- It has a first-time setup page where you can configure your database stuff (host, port, db name, etc).
- It's an alpha. I haven't tested postgres support yet. There may be bugs.
- It does not use a cool framework like Ruby on Rails (I don't find it a con actually, but keep in mind that the code/project structure may look ugly a bit).
- It's not that easy to contribute to it because of see above.
I'm looking for:
- Bug reports!
The demo will be soon.
Built with pain, tears, blood and love by me.