As a follow up to my previous post regarding AWS Certified Solutions Architect: Associate study guide, I figured I'd provide an update.
I passed the Certified Solutions Architect: Professional! Here are my key-takeaways for those who want a TL;DR:
- It was long, like very long. It's definitely an exercise in quick comprehension and elimination.
- It was difficult, easily one of the hardest exams I've taken to date.
- Most of the exams posted online only replicate about 20% of what will actually be on the exam.
- Hands-on experience at this level is a MUST. Unlike the Architect: Associate, you must live & breath Amazon Web Services.
As a reference, here is the certification learning path for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect:
Here are the resources I used to study:
- Jon Bonso's Solutions Architect Professional practice exams on uDemy
- All of my material from the previous post (see above for link)
- The great folks over at ExitCertified for a full day boot camp (virtual). This covered exam tactics, question dissemination and was a great live classroom setting.
- re:Invent playlist videos regarding the topics on the exam.
Also, there are things that I subscribe to on a daily basis that you don't really think about. This helps me keep fresh on service updates, releases, etc:
- Follow the Amazon Web Services Facebook & LinkedIn pages
- Follow the AWS Twitter handle along with finding those who work for AWS and tweet daily about their service.
Otherwise that sums it up, thanks for reading!