Whilst the Dataverse supports permissions at the table or row level, there may be times you need more granular security permissions on the individual field level.
Dataverse supports this with Column Security Profiles. They are easy to set up and this article will provide a quick example to get you started.
1. In any table, create new field called PrivateValue and make sure Column Security is enabled.
2. Add this field to a form
3. Create a new Column Security Profile
4. Configure it so you have access to the field
5. Publish and test by navigating to the form
For someone with access, it should appear like this
For someone without access, it should appear like this
6. Resources and final comments
Note that this isn't available for some of the system fields (for example, you can't enable field security for a Status Reason or Status field in a table).
Note that in your column security profile, you can provide different levels of permissions on the field (read only, create etc).
For more information see this link.
Top comments (0)