Currently I'm working in a small company (3 developers).
I think these are the pros and cons:
- Freedom (we can choose the stack, the tools, etc.)
- There is no overtime
- I'm familiar with the code base (because I wrote half of them)
- I see and experience every part of software development (design, implementation, testing, deployment)
- There is no useless meetings and other interruptions
- Worse salary (than in a big company)
- There is not many people to learn from
What do you think about it? What do you prefer?