There were several items on the agenda, this post focuses on feature proposals and their progress form the meeting that was held between August 31st, 2021 to September 1st, 2021.
- Class Static Blocks Class static blocks provide a mechanism to perform additional static initialization during class definition evaluation.
.at()method on all the built-in indexables.
- Change Array by Copy Provides additional methods to Array.prototype to enable changes on an array by returning a new copy of it with the change.
- Pipeline operator Hack pipe operator.
- String is USV String String method to verify if a given ECMAScript string is a valid USV String or not.
Array.frombut for async iterators.
- BigInt Math Math operation for BigInt.
- Get Intrinsic A robust way to retrieve intrinsics to first-run code.
- Fixed shape objects Plain and Shared Structs.
That's how we work from office in Russia @ryzokuken with @TC39 first day sessions. Rostov-on-Don. tweet
Top comments (2)
So glad that a version of the pipeline operator has fiiiiinally moved past Stage 1. Even though I have a slight aesthetic preference for the F# syntax.
Yea, I feel the same, I've been waiting so long for it! Hack is definitely the best version to have moved forward, even though, like you say, the aesthetics of F# are slightly nicer.