Hello everyone, the Hexagon Toolkit released the 1.3 version this week.
To summarise, Hexagon is a Microservices Toolkit that aims to provide all you need to develop applications that run on Cloud environments.
You can find more information about the project in the following links:
This release was focused mostly on internal changes. Below you can find all the details.
- Implement HTTP Client Feature (Port). Implemented by the Async HTTP Client Adapter.
- Add the Freemarker Template Adapter.
- Improve RabbitMQ (beta) module adding metrics to it (by Donky106).
- Sign Packages and publish on Maven Central.
- Check dependencies' integrity for security (by Donky106).
- Support Maven through a Maven parent POM.
- Create a Twitter Clone example (by Bikramjeet Singh).
- Depend only on SLF4J for logging. Allowing users to set up Logback, Log4j2 and JUL at their preference.
Thanks to the following companies for borrowing resources to the project, this is much appreciated!
- DigitalOcean: provides Cloud resources to run tools and test deployments.
- JetBrains: donates a license of their wonderful IDEs for the toolkit development.
- Bikramjeet Singh for implementing the Freemarker Adapter and creating the Twitter Clone example.
- Donky106 for improving the RabbitMQ adapter and setting up dependencies' verification.
- Shahid Raza for improving the log statements' information on the library.
- Tyler Lowrey for contributing with the HTTP Client documentation.
- Complete the functionality set (security, Websockets and OpenAPI).
- Change the API: make it more consistent and switch to middleware filters instead before/after.
- Develop asynchronous handlers using coroutines.