Every developer, literally every developer, dreams of building something that will help boost their productivity.
Well, last weekend I made that. Hopefully, it will make me (and other users) productive. 👻
- It should be easy to use - most important! 😇
- Design should be !ugly - wait, this is most important! 🎨
- Should have DARK theme - I'm a fan 🖤
- Simple Notes feature - to hold phone numbers, web links, adresses, etc 📝
- Simple Task list - Quickly create, check, delete tasks from the list ✅
- Should give me a daily inspirational quote - just in case I'm running low on fuel some day 😔
- Reactjs - because I wanted to learn it 🙈
- Web Extension
Website is good option, but several constraints would creep in. Of which, following 2 bothered me the most:
- where to store user data
- is a website an accessible option to serve the purpose?
After giving in some thought, I decided to build a Web Extension instead.
- Data is stored in Browser (syncing across multiple browsers is taken care of)
- Web Extension can be a "New Tab" replacement. It cannot get easier than this.
minimylist just serves the right purpose for me, hoping you guys will like it. Please share your thoughts in comments and all suggestions are welcome. Ciao! 👋🏻
The best way to learn anything in Tech is by building something!