With the renaissance in privacy & DIY solutions I wonder how many people would want to turn their old phones into a mini self-hosting platforms. I have been recently working on a prototype that:
- Can host static websites
- Cloud based load balancer where TLS termination happens on the phone to shield the server from the data going through it.
- Due to cloud loadbalancer setup - no IP/firewall configuration is required and the phone can switch between 3G/4G/wifi without any need to reconfigure DNS settings
- TLS termination on the phone with Let's Encrypt support
- Easy to use web interface from your desktop browser (phone app is just an agent)
- Potential PHP support as well