Full article on freeCodeCamp.
In recent years, various tech companies and organizations have started supporting students who have an interest in and passion for tech.
Many companies give their premium services to students for free, and others offer discounts on their products.
If you're a student, basically all you need to take advantage of these discounts and offers is your student email.
Having a student email will come in handy especially if you can't afford expensive products or premium services. In this article I'll give you a run down of the benefits that are within your .edu email and how to get access to them to help you in your education and career.
Some of the general benefits include:
- Free access to online educational courses
- Free access to content and streaming tools.
- Free software.
- Access to premium entertainment services.
- Access to graphic design tools.
- Access to discounts on products.
Let's get started.
Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. – Malcolm X
To begin with at the top of the list is one of my all time favorite packs with tons of deals in it.
In order for you to qualify for this deal, you must:
- Be in school, enrolled in either a degree or a diploma program.
- Have a verifiable school-issued email address.
- Have a GitHub account.
- Be at least 13 years old.
Now depending on the different companies that have partnered with Google for this particular program, terms and condition may vary and some point the service may not exist in every region. But for now you will still be able to get a majority of the benefits.
Some of the companies that have partnered with GitHub for this particular program include: Canva, DigitalOcean, namecheap, educative, datacamp, Drovio and others.
Benefits offered by these companies range from access to production tools, credit cards, and even hosting services. This means that as a total beginner you can get:
- free access to premium learning materials.
- free design tools.
- free domain names for one year.
- free hosting plans with credit from organizations like Microsoft and DigitalOcean.
- Access to streaming platforms.
...just to mention a few.
If you haven't yet gotten your pack, Check out the GitHub education page and get your own share of these amazing resources.
The list of benefits is long, Now! in order to get the rest of the article check the original article on freeCodeCamp.
I appreciate your time reading.
Your support will be a big plus :)