It was mid of march when my company has asked me to start working from home due to covid-19.
As I was already spending 4 hrs in travelling daily. I thought why don't I utilize this time to learn something new.
So I decided to create 31 reusable components in react.
There was two things which pushed me to pick up this #31DaysOfReact challenge.
- As a frontend developer doing this will help to me polish my knowledge.
Initially, I had ideas about 5 to 6 components which I started with but for the other components I looked up for generic components that are often used and created them.
It was not easy to create components and write a blog at the same time while working full time.
That is why it took me about 45 days to finish all the components.
But I really enjoyed a lot doing this and it was really amazing learning experience.
I learned about
- Frontend Development.
- Styling (CSS).
- Ref (How to update elements properties directly without using state).
- Thinking in react (How to create extendable components).
- Cross browser compatibility.
- Form handling.
- And more.
Here is the list of things I have created.
- Create custom button component in react
- Create input component in react
- Create checkbox in react
- Create radio group component in react
- Create checkbox group component in react
- Create file uploader in react
- Create select dropdown in react
- Toggle switch in react
- Login form component in react
- Create progress bar in react
- Pagination component in react
- Create accordion in react
- Create dropdown in react
- Create autocomplete search in react
- Sliding sidebar menu with hamburger in react
- Create tabs in react
- Create alert box in react
- Create modal component in react
- Create voice visualizer in react
- Lazy loading component in react
- Create slider in react
- React drag and drop list of elements
- React image zoom
- Create timeline in react
- Create scroll indicator in react
- Create tooltip in react
- Typing effect component in react
- Create loader component in react
- How to scroll to top in react
- Image comparison slider in react
- Create scrollspy in react
My favorite one are Image-Comparison-Slider and Typing-Effect-Component.
This is the github repo link
A list of different react general purpose components used often in front end development.
List of different components created in react.
This project uses create-react-app as a boilerplate and following is the listed instruction to run the app.
This project was bootstrapped with Create React App.
In the project directory, you can run:
Runs the app in the development mode.
Open http://localhost:3000 to view it in the browser.
The page will reload if you make edits.
You will also see any lint errors in the console.
Launches the test runner in the interactive watch mode.
See the section about running tests for more information.
npm run build
Builds the app for production to the
It correctly bundles React in production mode and optimizes the build for the best performance.
The build is minified and the filenames include the hashes.
Your app is ready to be deployed!
See the section about deployment for more information.
If you think that these react components list has any worth then do share it with others. 🙏🙏
You can follow this hashtag on twitter to learn along.