Hi, I'm Matt and I'm the lead mentor here at Skill Pathway (based in the UK) and a developer / head of software engineering within a construction company.
I've got 7 years commercial experience in agency, embedded and freelance jobs, I don't have a computer science degree so I'm completely self taught. I actually started learning to code at 10 years of age!
I have a lot of past experience in mentorship as at my previous agency job, I was responsible for training up apprentices (interns) from 0 experience to building full-blown custom websites front to back. I really love to sit back and watch people grow their skillset.
I can answer on anything, here are some examples:
- Getting a job, resume & interview tips etc (I've run 100s of interviews and read 1000s of resumes)
- Ways to learn more efficiently
- Specific code questions (my stack is very wide - JS, HTML, CSS, Vue, Angular, PHP, Laravel and more) etc.
- Anything cloud (Qualified AWS Solutions Architect Associate)
- What your manager (or future manager) might think about you (being a manager myself helps with this)
- Side projects
Seriously, fire away. I love nothing more than helping out.