Lots of folks know and love Atom, right?
Atom is a hackable text editor for the 21st century, built on Electron, and based on everything we love about our favorite editors. We designed it to be deeply customizable, but still approachable using the default configuration.
Follow @AtomEditor on Twitter for important announcements.
The API reference for developing packages is also documented on Atom.io.
Download the latest Atom release.
Atom will automatically update when a new release is available.
Well, you should also get to know the Atom community manager, Lee Dohm... or at least his writing and collection of resources on community management & moderation.
Community Management and Moderation
This repository contains my thoughts, lessons, guidelines and learnings around community management and moderation.
Rules of Thumb
- Not everything deserves a response
- Of the things that do merit a response, virtually none of them need a response right now
- Conversational Aikido - Directing the flow of conversation
- When not to respond - Extinction
- Up with which I shall not put - Taking care of yourself while you take care of the community
- Being humble and gracious - How to be a good host
- Open Source - How it is different from normal customer support
- The X/Y Problem - How to get at the real problem underneath it all
- Setting Expectations - Communicating the difference between desires, hopes, plans and facts
- Voting System Flaws - Why Atom doesn't have an Issue or PR voting system
- The Ministry of Truth - When to edit…
These docs are super helpful whether you're maintaining your own project on GitHub and looking for tips on how to best guide your community... or if you're just planning on joining an online community and want a better sense of how they're run.
Hope you enjoy Lee's writing as much as I have!