SemaphoreCI is a hosted continuous delivery service built in a friendly environment. Our mission is to help teams ship their software faster and with more confidence by providing a robust and scalable platform for software delivery.
- Plan, build, test and deliver monthly Semaphore Linux and Docker platform updates, such as this one.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure through reusable code and tooling.
- Use metrics and monitoring systems to ensure and improve performance and stability.
- Communicate with other teams (technical and non-technical), management and Semaphore users through our support channel when necessary.
- Maintain and improve public documentation that helps Semaphore users use the platform.
As a DevOps Engineer you'll be responsible for building and supporting a Linux-based environment that runs CI/CD jobs on Semaphore. This is a great opportunity to join a highly-skilled team on a very visible role and have a big impact on our user base.
This is a remote position and you should thrive in asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong written communication skills and be able to develop working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
As a DevOps Engineer you will also play an important role in helping customers utilize the Semaphore Linux and Docker platforms through assistance in technical support requests. You'll always be challenged to solve interesting and novel problems that have real impact on how the world delivers software.
- A deep understanding of the Linux operating system, at both a high- and low-level.
- Ability to debug and solve configuration, performance and reliability problems quickly; sometimes under pressure if there are issues that are directly affecting product users.
- Knowledge of standard methodologies: configuration management, monitoring, alerting, metrics.
- Ability to work in high-level languages such as Ruby and Bash.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively remotely with a team.
- Being self-managed and capable of making effective decisions in a fast-changing environment.
Apply ðŸ‘‰ here ðŸ™‡ ðŸ€