As this is a very developer-centric platform, I thought it would be fun to talk about some of the ways the devs here coexist and work with the designers at their respective companies or projects.
I just finished up a 6 month UX Design internship. The next company I join (as a full-time UX Designer) might not have an established design team and I might be the only designer working with the dev.
Now when I say design, I don't just mean the UI. I am talking about the complete workflow from the users perspective, different states of the applications, guidelines on how the components should behave, etc.
What I want out of this conversation are answers to a few of my questions:
- How do you currently work with your designer(s)?
- What are some of the concerns with the current process and how would you like to improve it?
- Are you involved in the design process or do you prefer being given the designs?
- Would you like to be involved in the design process?
- How can your designers help you during the development phase?
Feel free to add in questions that I might have missed.