What is MySQL:
MySQL is a Widely used relational database management system. It's free and open-source and ideal for both small and large applications. It's very fast, reliable, scalable and easy to use.
Who uses MySQL?
Most popular websites like Facebook, Twitter, Airbnb, Uber, YouTube, GitHub, etc. Content Management Systems like Wordpress, Joomla, Drupal, Contao, etc. A huge number of web developers around the world use MySQL as a database management system.
Show Data on your website:
If you want to show data in your website from a database, you will need:
- An RDBMS database program like MySQL.
- A server-side scripting language, like PHP.
- To use SQL to get the data you want.
- To use HTML/ CSS to style the page.
RDBMS stands for Relational Database Management system. It's a program used to maintain a relational database. RDBMS is the basis for all modern database systems such as MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft Access.
A table is a collection of related data entries, and it consists of columns and rows. A column holds specific information about every record in the table. A Record or row is each individual entry that exists in a table.
Look at this table:
Explain Relational Database:
A Relational database defines database relationships in the form of tables. The tables are related to each other - based on data common to each.
Look at the following three tables "Customers", "Orders" and "Shippers" database
The relationship between the "Customers" table and the "Orders" table is the CustomerID column.
The relationship between the "Orders" table and the "Shippers" table is the SipperID column.
Some Most important SQL Commands:
- INSERT - Insert new data into a database
- SELECT - extract data from a database
- UPDATE - updates data in a database
- DELETE - deletes data from database
- CREATE DATABASE - creates a new database
- AlTER DATABASE - modifies a database
- CREATE TABLE - creates a new table
- ALTER TABLE - modifies a table
- DROP TABLE - deletes a table
- DROP INDEX - deletes an index
- CREATE INDEX - creates an index