A list of tools I use Daily:
whether I'm working on
- Personal side projects
- My full-time job
- Or working on Upwork with clients
- Adobe Illustrator for logo, icon and illustration design
- Adobe XD for designing user interfaces & wireframes
- Photoshop for editing pictures
- Adobe After Effect for editing videos
- Dribbble/Behance for inspiration and work showcase.
- Dev.to for blogging rajeshroyal
- Grammarly as writing assistance.
The code editor I'm currently using is VSCode with Cobalt theme and Dank mono font.
You can find my VSCode settings here
I share my code & look for inspiration on:
But if I'm working on a landing page, documentation website, blog or even a large web app I use:
- The JAM stack:
- Headless CMS (when required) otherwise WordPress
- Markdown, Yaml, Json etc... (when required)
For CSS, I’m cool to use whatever tech available out there that makes my task done quickly & well, I have personally used Bootstrap 4, Bulma, tailwind, Foundation. I prefer coding with vanilla CSS or CSS in JS using styled-components or CSS modules, because I enjoy styling my elements from scratch since the components are fully reusable with React.
I have used Theme UI and styled-system as well, I do think they are good and useful and I do recommend them.
- React (CRA)
- Node Js
NestJS instead of express
The MERN stack is my secondary stack for building web apps
I use Git bash as my terminal when I’m on windows, Terminal when I’m on Linux.
For the backend, I was using PHP/MySQL which I didn’t personally like, so I switched to Node js meaning that I currently use Express Js/Mongoose and MongoDB as a NoSQL database to make Restful APIs which I deploy on Heroku if it was an MVP.
This can be part of the JAM stack
the "A" part on JAM which stands for APIs
- React Native > I have used Cordova before didn't like it
For native apps, I use React Native to build mobile apps (ios & Android).
- Vercel/Netlify using their GitHub integration or the Vercel/Netlify CLI
- Amazon AWS
- App Store / Play Store using Fastlane
For growth, I focus more on building useful products that users really need in their lives then I simply share it on this blog, dev.to, Reddit and on social media.
Acer Nitro 5"
- Display: 15.6" IPS (In-Plane Switching) technology, Full HD 1920 x 1080
- Processor: Intel Core i5-9300H processor, turbo up to 4.10 GHz
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 with 4 GB of Dedicated GDDR5 VRAM Graphics
- Ram: 24 GB 2667 MHz DDR4(16 GB) / 2467 MHz DDR4 (8 GB) I know different freq. 😅
- SSD: 256 GB
- HDD: 1 TB
- Monitor: LG 24 Inch
- Keyboard: Zebronics, Acer RGB keyboard
- Main Headset: Boat Rockerz
- Secondary headset: PTron Boom 3D
- Earphones: PTron Boom 3D
- Microphone: PTron Boom 3D
- Desk: Simple wooden desk
- Mouse: Eastern Media model T9 multicolour
- Mousepad: My desk 😅
- For Android, I'm using the Asus Zenfone Max Pro
- Android 11
- For iOS, I'm using the iPhone 7
Previously, I was carrying only an Intext Aqua Power HD which I had to stop using due to some reasons
At the moment, I'm only carrying with me a Mobile Camera 😞
Currently, I'm using "OK Google"
Acer Mixed Reality