If you are a person who wants to contribute to open source, you are taking an amazing step further into an exciting path ahead.😍
Simple steps to get started with open source contribution -
- chose a language or technology you are comfortable with(say, Python).
- search for an open source repository on GitHub based on that(say, tensorflow).
- go to issues section of the repository.❗️❗️
- search for issues that have tags like "first-timers-only","good-first-issue".
- comment on an issue, so that the owner of the repository assigns it to you!👩🏻💻
- now you can officially start working on the issue!🤩
- After you have solved the issue, make a pull request.💯
- Wait for the feedback, and be patient till your pull request gets merged.😇
- Celebrate! because you just made your successful open source contribution!🎉
PS- Don't worry if you will be skilled enough to solve the issue, people are really friendly and will help you! 🌸💟
PPS- if you want to easily find beginner friendly issues on Github, follow this profile on twitter. 📟
keep coding, keep contributing! 💖
Top comments (0)