So, we have decided to create a course for junior developers that would go on for several weeks. The point is to introduce them to newest technologies that are used on real projects and show them the best practices in software engineering. While previously I had several presentations and short-term workshops, I am still a bit struggling about how to conduct it so that it will bring value to the participants.
I have identified several things like:
- prepare all prerequisites (environment, materials, Git repository)
- work with smaller groups (or have additional help with overcoming impediments)
- don't over-flood people with information
- if possible select participants (so that everyone starts on the same level)
- be friendly, try to motivate instead of just stating facts
Anyhow, I would like to start a discussion on what you think are the key points for successful course. If you have any tips to share, please don't hesitate ;).