Are people starting to migrate towards platforms other than Medium for their blog posts (especially programming/developer related)? I'm thinking of no longer posting to Medium since there seems to be some benefits of having my content elsewhere. Here are some of the pros and cons I see:
- Lots of eyes on your post if they are part of a popular publication
- Cool analytics related to your posts
- Nice editor that auto-saves as you compose a post
- Syntax highlighting does not exist (brutal for technical programming articles)
- Comment system is weird (each comment is considered a "story")
- Low engagement with audience (compared with Dev.to)
Anyone have thoughts on this topic?