Hi! I'm Rohit, a student currently in the second-year of Computer Engineering. For the past 4 months, I've been building a REST API client with JavaFX. I'm really excited to share my work with you folks!
My goal with this project was to make something similar to Postman and Insomnia but in a lighter package using JavaFX without compromising on the beautiful design that Electron-based applications come with, while maintaining a comparable level of functionality. I'm currently focused on optimizing every thing that comes under my radar but I also add new features occasionally.
Here are some of the core features:
- A gorgeous user-interface.
- Making GET, POST, PUT, DELETE and PATCH requests. (duh)
- Multi-tab layout.
- History tab to quickly search through your recent requests.
- Support for custom themes via JavaFX CSS!
- A Visualizer which shows you a nice tree for your response bodies
- Being written in Java, Everest is inherently cross-platform.
Okay enough, my beautiful README is getting jealous so why don't you go check her out on GitHub: https://github.com/RohitAwate/Everest
Please try out the alpha and let me know what you think! :)