This Salesforce Developer podcast episode features Julia Doctoroff, a Managing Implementation Consultant at makepositive. She is a San Francisco native who made the move to London several years ago.
After moving to London, Julia soon realized she wanted to have a deeper understanding and better communication with the development teams at her organization. So, she decided to get developer certified.
Together we discuss her experiences in getting a developer certification from the perspective of a Salesforce admin. Julia also talks about the importance of getting support and how she found support for her goal from a group known as RAD Women. She shares her experience with learning to code; including the most frustrating and most rewarding aspects of getting dev certified.
- How she discovered RAD Women and getting her Salesforce Application Architect certification
- Her first hands-on coding experience with RAD Women, including DML statements
- The importance of having a safe place to experiment, practice, hone your developer skills and be outside of your comfort zone
- Demystifying the concept of programming and how it’s a lot like learning a new language
- What it’s like being a Salesforce admin with a developer certification
- Julia on Twitter
- Julia on LinkedIn
- Beginner Developer Trial on Trailhead
- RAD Women
- LadiesBeArchitects on Twitter
Posted on by: