COVID-19 is changing the landscape for all of us wherever we are around the globe. Everything is happening very fast and even though each of us has faced their own unique challenges, we are all impacted more or less - whether that is through furloughs, changes in customer demand, frozen projects, payment delays or just being stuck at home indefinitely.
We suddenly find ourselves under lockdown with a lot of spare time and even more worries about our families, businesses, and future in general...What do you do to make the most of the quarantine?
Pick your challenge
At SashiDo we decided to take this time as a gift and feel blessed we can safely work from home and “code away” the viruses. :)
If you are like us and always aim to see the opportunity behind every closed door, I would like to suggest a few ideas on how to challenge yourself in a more positive way. Here they go:
- Build a new skill or learn a new programming language. There are a plethora of free videos, courses, live tutorials, and other resources, just pick one.
- Test out new technology or framework. Many organizations are offering extended free trials, so it’s the perfect time to get outside your comfort zone stack-wise.
- If you have one of those ideas or side projects you’ve been keeping on the back burner for quite a while, now you can really get on it and see what will come out.
- Clean up your existing project’s code a bit and write some tests. Actually, it doesn’t have to be the end of the world so you spare a moment for that. ;)
- Develop that new feature you’ve been pondering on for quite a while. People are spending more time using all sorts of apps, so surely your users would fancy a little upgrade.
- Help a friend - we all have at least one friend who asked us to make him/her a simple website for his personal blog, small business, etc. A good deed like that goes a long way during such troubled times.
- And when we talk about doing some good - contributing to Open-Source projects always comes to mind.
I could probably think of a few more, but I’m more curious about how you are spending quarantine days. Sharing is caring, right?
We dare you
And when it comes to sharing - SashiDo is joining all those companies in COVID-19 response efforts by hosting a little challenge of our own and extending our Free Trial to 45 days for everybody who registered until 1st of September. We dare you to choose any of the above ideas and level up your NodeJS skills in 45 days with SashiDo!
Additionally, our engineers will be answering “how-to” questions on demand to those of you who decided to build some new skills and get out of their comfort zone by testing out a new stack with SashiDo.
We have prepared special bonuses for those of you who share what they have learned throughout the challenge. So hit us up at email@example.com with your feedback, tutorials you have posted using SashiDo, YouTube videos testing our features or any other content that will help others benefit from your experience.
It's a wrap
Тhere are many ways to turn quarantine time into your benefit, but putting an accent on leveling up or diversifying your skills should be one of your priorities. We don’t know what tomorrow will bring, but you’ll surely feel better equipped with new knowledge and experience. And why not make it a bit more fun with SashiDo's challenge by becoming a NodeJS expert in 45 days? ;)
Finally, I would like to wish you all good well being and tell you that the team of SashiDo is here for you as we’re definitely in this together.
Stay safe & code more!
Top comments (0)