As 2019 comes to an end, it's that time of year when we look to setting new goals, and focusing on what we want to learn next year.
As engineers many of those goals revolve around keeping up with every new technology and framework. In particular, technologies such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud all offer a host of services that can simplify a developers life. However, it can be hard to keep up with all the various new cloud services.
What is Cloud Architecture?
Simply put, cloud computing takes many forms but usually removes several layers of management of hardware, software or infrastructure.
These mainly include the back end and front end platform, a network and a cloud based delivery. It is important to note that this design of cloud solutions has been based on architectural methods and procedures developed in the last two decades.
As a software engineer in the modern world, you are often forced to utilize tools like EC2, RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, BigQuery, Azure Pipelines, etc. With torrents of new services coming out every year, it is a good idea to at least have a general overview of these various technologies.
Below we have listed 10 courses offered by Amazon, Google, Coursera, Udemy and Edx that can help you keep up!
This post includes affiliate links; I may receive compensation if you purchase products or services from the different links provided in this article.
This course specifically focus on deployment of web application in cloud. It will also allow you to understand the environment of Amazon Web Services and how you can work on it. The course, on the whole, covers all fundamental concepts of AWS and then teaches you how build applications on the amazon platform. Introduction to Cloud Computing with AWS is basically a website and application deployment course which includes 35 lectures along with 4 hour on-demand videos and 1 downloadable resource. This course is highly recommended for beginners.
- Discusses Wordpress CMS and how it can be deployed on Amazon Web Services Platform.
- Offers knowledge on security issues that might occur while deploying relational databases or creating remote servers.
- Teaches backup strategies such as S3 back up and RDS backup.
- Allows you to learn how to configure IAM and set up cloud trail.
Covering a span of 39 hours, this course is a basically a cloud computing specialization which discusses orientation of clouds, key components of distributed systems and peer to peer systems. Please note that this course is not appropriate for beginners as basic understanding of C++ programming language is required. You will be able to learn about key value stores, No SQL storage and distributed algorithms through this course.
- Teaches about a variety of concepts such as NoSQL stores, MapReduce, classical distributed algorithms and trending areas.
- Discusses two main industry items; HBase and Apache Cassandra which will offer you greater understanding of most popular platforms.
- Focuses on peer-to-peer designs such as BitTorrent, Napster and FastTrack.
- Enables you to analyze each P2P design in depth independently
Designed to offer and overview of Google Service Operations and cloud products, this course will teach you a number of essential skills such as application development, business transformation, infrastructure and security. This course is well-suited for beginners who wish to learn about big data analytics, cloud AI and API platforms. This one-day class includes a combination of hands-on labs, presentations and demos which will help you learn the value of Google Cloud Platform.
- Focuses on Google's managed data warehouse and Bigquery to offer you learning of analytics.
- Teaches about managing, accessing and storing your data on Google Cloud Storage.
- Allows you to learn different software developing techniques in cloud --- including total life span of software on the cloud.
- Will help you identify new cases and opportunities to implement cloud computing.
This course discusses cloud computing project management. Since many compliance issues can occur in the cloud environment, this course highlights the management concept and also discusses how shared pool of accessible network, data storage or utility-based model works. The Cloud Computing Management course also describes how vendors' management works. With this certification, you will learn various methods to not only manage cloud based projects but also understand the risks involved in working on cloud. The course covers a span of 8 weeks and is available for free.
- Shares industry-level knowledge of cloud technologies and best practices.
- Teaches in-depth about migrating process and allows you to learn about migrating issues and well as business opportunities.
- Discusses characteristics of cloud computing models such as resource pools, network access, metered resource usage and rapid elasticity.
- Demonstrates cloud proposals, requests for proposals and compliance standards for cloud-based projects.
This course will allow you to become cloud computing architect by covering all amazon web services fundamentals. Through this certification, you will learn how to design applications on AWS and build relevant technical skills. This 4 1/2 day course will cover Advanced Architecting and prepare you for associated certification examination.
- Offers multiple free tutorials including latest methods and techniques used in Amazon Web Services.
- Designed for both beginners and experts which will allow all to sharpen their skills.
- Prepares you for AWS certification examination for associate position.
- Includes Big Data and AWS secrets manager fundamentals to help you keep pace with recent technologies.
As a comprehensive guide to Google data engineering, this course has a lot to offer on the subject of cloud architecture. Google is considered as one of the best machine learning applications which is why you will be able to learn about Tensorflow and cloud computing features through this guide. Not only will you be able to build deep learning models using Tensorflow but also make informed decisions about VMs, containers and AppEngine through this course. It includes 226 lectures, 48 downloadable resources and 25 articles which cover cloud SQL, OLTP, Hadoop and BigTable.
- Allows you to learn about building, deploying and managing Hadoop apps on the Google cloud platform via BigTable, BigQuery and Dataflow etc.
- Highlights critical security issues related to CDN and cloud interconnect, HTTP protocols and network layers.
- Enables you to come with big data solutions on cloud architecture while deploying serverless analytics.
- Teaches you storage and computing concepts such as AppEngine, Compute Engine and Container Engineer
Specifically designed for entrepreneurs, this course focuses on adding value to your business even if you have very little knowledge of lingo. This cloud computing certification covers a length of 14 weeks and teaches you about deployment and management of applications on cloud foundry. With this course, you will learn how to build runtime support with build packs and study details of framework, network and security. This Introductory course will also teach you about the 12 factor app design patterns for scalability and resiliency.
- Teaches basic of command line interface and how it can be used to deploy applications on cloud. Also teaches basic debugging practices with context of system.
- Covers fundamental design components and how each pattern is related to each other on cloud-native applications
- Allows you to explore security insurance, run time and basic infrastructure of Cloud Foundry.
- Focuses on building and testing modern, maintainable and scalable software that can be utilized as service apps.
This training focuses on building bridge between students and industry leaders by offering multi-modern learning paths along with skill assessments. The course highlights theories of cloud ecosystem and offers in-depth insight of important cloud platform concepts such as migration, compliance and security. This course will include a learning of Kubernetes, serverless python and design of business solutions. The course emphasizes on structures delivery of theory as well as practice to bridge skill gaps across organizations.
- Teaches traditional methods along with technical knowledge which enables students to work directly with enterprises.
- Trains on cloud and DevOps and also allows you to learn usage of cloud consoles.
- Emphasizes on critical thinking and offers knowledge of cloud network which can be uses to develop workflow and improve processes.
- Teaches about cloud technologies, their management and deployment as well as understanding of identification of best fit solutions.
Covering a time period of 8 months, this course is focused on cloud computing foundations and models. With the MicroMasters Program, you will learn how to design a cloud computing service or infrastructure and insure cloud security. This course incorporates detailed learning of AWS, Google Cloud, OpenStack, Azure, VSphere and much more. Not only will you be able to adopt cloud infrastructure through this course but will also learn management of cloud computing through different methods and techniques.
- Teaches about risk mitigation, compliance and security that is required to run any business with cloud architecture.
- Gives fundamental knowledge of technologies such as amazon web services, Google cloud and OpenStack.
- Provides an opportunity to practice cloud technologies implementation, configuration and management.
- Focuses on building cloud technologies around requirements of business and shares in depth knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
This course specifically focuses on cloud computing security and its concepts such as technologies, actions, policies and standards that have to be taken into account to protect the infrastructure and virtual IP of cloud environment. The course will help you identify cyber security threats and learn the standard procedures that can be implemented to decrease or prevent the risk. With the cloud computing security course by UMGC, you will also get an understanding of tools which can be used to analyze system logs and detect security or performance issues.
- Teaches how to build a secured cloud infrastructure and use sophisticated techniques to lower risk of fraudulent activities.
- Discusses how huge amount of data can be deposited onto organization's cloud account and protected from security breaches.
- Allows you to learn about the latest features of up to date security technologies and how these features can be configured.
- Offers case studies to justify various security approaches and gives understanding of tools and techniques to monitor organization environment to detect issues.
Cloud services are continuing to grow and offer developers the ability to produce applications with smaller teams and shorter timelines. But they can only provide those benefits if you choose to learn about them!
Wherever you start your next year, we wish you the best of luck!