Beginners or experts, all need practice to become perfect. But beginners may find it hard to practice as some of them have no idea to start something at all. Trust me, I'm also one of them. Working on a project is a very good way to recall what we learned recently and improve our thinking and coding skills. So I decided to compile a list of ideas for just starters, average beginners and beginners with some experiences.
- Fizz buzz generator
- Simple calculator (which let the user select the operation and performs calculations)
- Unit converter
- Morse code converter
- Currency converter
- Any converter of your choice!
- Simple GUI program
- A program which allows user to type in
- A program which allows user to choose options and displaying it
- Rock paper scissor game
- Your portfolio
- Calculator (more advanced calculator than in the newbies section. You may use
evalfunctions in languages to make the task easier. Also improve the styles)
- All in one converter
- A text editor which allows to save and retrieve files from disk.
- Tic-tac-toe game
- Improve your previous portfolio
- Simple Command prompt (I mean create a new CLI. Allow user to type commands and print statements. It should also be able to perform calculations and inform user if the commands are wrong)
- Simple chat bot
- Program which fetch random quotes from web and display it to the user.
- Simple search engine (Don't think so much. Create a data set yourself and let the user to enter a query and return entries related to queries)
- Server response simulator (You should do research on internet on how servers perform responses and try to imitate the behaviour. For simplicity you don't need to perform actuall requests and responses.
- Stopwatch or a timer
- Diary app
- It should be able to save records of the user and open a record when the user wants. Also it should be structured nicely
- Improve the morse code converter to save, open and fetch files from disk or internet.
- Improve your terminal to do more creepy things
- Handling escapes
- Emulating behaviour of pipes
- Create a discord bot which
- Greets a new user
- Greets every morning
- Say 'Bye!' when somebody leaves
Improve the chat bot
- It should understand more things
- It should give clear results after user entered something
- It should display images if user enters a image path, and say if the image doesn't exists
- It should perform general tasks like displaying time
- Add simple games (text based) to your chat bot
Tower of Hanoi
Create a simple RPG game
Create a farming game (My first project)
Create simple clones of facebook, google, youtube and even dev.to
Emulate a REST client. You may also integrate this with the server response simulator for a better functionality (You do not need to perform actual requests and responses again!)
Do a research and create a web page for it
Create a Markdown to (HTML, BB code coverter) and vice-versa
Those are the ideas that I can give you. Comment below your creations better ideas than this. Also ❤️ this if you like this content.
Thanks for READING!