A website where you can create rooms and chat while watching local video files synchronized with your friends.
- Create watch party rooms.
- Watch videos in sync with your friends.
- Chat with your friends while watching videos.
1) Go to https://localparty.tk/
2) To create a room, click on the create room button and enter the name you want to chat with, the room's name and select the video file.
3) You would be redirected to the room page once you have created it. You can now share the room code with your friends and they can join with the same video file and room code.
4) To join a room, click on the join room button and enter the name you want to chat with, the room's code and select the same video file with which the host has created the party with.
5) You can view how many people are in the party by hovering over the user icon in the top right of the room page.
6) You can leave the party by clicking on the leave icon in the top left of the room page.
An album of screenshots of the website can be found here.
2) Clone and setup
``` git clone https://github.com/sheldor1510/local-party.git cd local-party ```
3) Open a live server
Check out the backend API here.