In this article, I will present a collection with GatsbyJS starters and themes suitable for simple projects: one-page websites, markdown / MDX blogs, and simple coming-soon pages.
In a rush? The full index with Gatsby Starters is published on AppSeed platform (no account needed). Thank you!
What is GatsbyJS
GatsbyJS is the most impressive app generator I've seen in the last few years for a few good reasons:
- modern tooling out of the box.
- plugins for almost anything
- all apps built with Gatsby will score more than 90 on Lighthouse
- usable starters for many types of apps and technologies: one-page, eCommerce, blogs
- comprehensive docs
- live support on spectrum & Discord
In order to start building apps with Gatsby we need a few sets of tools installed into the working station:
- Node & Npm
- Gatsby CLI - the Gatsby console
- GIT - if we want to clone some starters
The official documentation has a comprehensive section about this initial setup, feel free to access it and follow the instructions applicable for your OS.
# install Gatsby globally $ npm install -g gatsby-cli $ # test the installation $ gatsby --help
All starters and themes are released under permissive licenses (MIT or CCY 30) inherited from the design providers. Before using a starter, please read the license file. Thank you!
A nice GatsbyJS starter that uses a simple design crafted by Html5UP agency.
How to use the starter
$ git clone https://github.com/app-generator/gatsby-html5up-paradigm.git $ cd gatsby-html5up-paradigm $ yarn # install modules $ yarn start # start in development mode $ yarn deploy # live FTP deployment ( Edit FTP credentials in deploy.js first)
Simple GatsbyJS starter with a creative layout released under the MIT license.
A GatsbyJS starter suitable for photographers and visual projects.
To build this app, type in your terminal
$ git clone https://github.com/app-generator/gatsby-html5up-multiverse.git $ cd gatsby-html5up-multiverse $ yarn # install modules $ yarn start # start in development mode
One-page GatsbyJS web app with a design provided by Html5 Up agency.
A simple coming-soon app with a rolling background with a design provided by Html5 Up.
An open-source app built with GatsbyJS on top of HTML5Up Highlights design.
- Gatsby Apps - the full index published on Github
- Gatsby Docs - official documentation
- Gatsby Starters - the official list with starters sorted by technologies and usage
- Gatsby Apps - Gatsby apps supported by AppSeed