From time to time, unrelated to my daily work, I just browse different platforms or Github for nice and innovative projects. All projects mentioned by this article are open-source, actively supported with at least one innovative element (IMO).
Thanks for reading! - Content provided by App Generator.
- Charts.css - CSS visualization framework (no JS)
- Mongita - lightweight embedded document database
- BlitzJS - MVC React Framework built on top of NextJS
- NocoDB - turns any database into a smart spreadsheet
Charts.css is a modern CSS framework. It uses CSS utility classes to style HTML elements as charts. The nice part of this library is that no JS is required to render the charts. All the information is edited in the HTML and the library showcase the chart using only CSS.
Mongita is a lightweight embedded document database that implements a commonly-used subset of the MongoDB/PyMongo interface. Mongita differs from MongoDB in that instead of being a server, Mongita is a self-contained Python library. Mongita can be configured to store its documents either on disk or in memory.
According to the benchmark published on project README, Mongita scores better than MongoDB in all metrics:
get all docs,
get by ID.
- Mongita - product repo
As mentioned in the HOMEpage, Blitz is a batteries-included framework that's inspired by Ruby on Rails, is built on Next.js, and features a "Zero-API" data layer abstraction that eliminates the need for REST/GraphQL.
The product comes with a few enhancements on top of NextJS (which is already a great product):
- Data Layer - the need of an API is removed: At build time, Blitz automatically inserts an API call that runs the server code on the server
- Built-in Authentication, Authorization and 3rd party auth supported via Passport.js
NocoDB is an open source #NoCode platform that turns any database into a smart spreadsheet. Smart means collaborative edit with fine grained Access Control and password protected views.
Other features: automatic build of API and GraphQL services, Kanban Dashboards, Page Customization with DYI Builder.
Thanks for reading!, For more resources please access: