This post shows how to install Pi Hole on a raspberry Pi 3 B.
Pi Hole is used to block unwanted queries and URLs that you do not want to load on the network. it protects you from trackers and optimizes the traffic of your network.
- Raspbian installation and update/upgrade packages
First, flash your disk SD from Etcher or other app.
Here is Raspbian Stretch 2017-09-07 Lite
Wait minutes.. and is complete !
Connect your setup for update and install new packages.
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
Wait good minutes .. during this time drink a good cappuccino.
Install curl :
sudo apt install curl
- Install Pi Hole
You can clone from the repo of Pi Hole or directly curl with this command :
curl -sSL https://install.pi-hole.net | bash
When ask you if you want install on your raspberry and put in static IP, check yes.
You can select blocklists ads :
It will also ask you if you want a web panel, I strongly recommend you to leave validated so that you can from anywhere in the local network connect to the raspberry with a password and manage your DNS/blacklist and have your statistics.
- Web panel and end
As soon as you finish installing Pi Hole, it will give you the localhost address and the password generated.
For edit the password :
sudo pihole -a -p
This is a preview of the panel when you are connected 🎉
The dark theme is edited by me, you can found at this repository.
- Repository of Pi Hole
- Easy-to-install: our versatile installer walks you through the process, and takes less than ten minutes
- Resolute: content is blocked in non-browser locations, such as ad-laden mobile apps and smart TVs
- Responsive: seamlessly speeds up the feel of everyday browsing by caching DNS queries
- Lightweight: runs smoothly with minimal hardware and software requirements
- Robust: a command line interface that is quality assured for interoperability
- Insightful: a beautiful responsive Web Interface dashboard to view and control your Pi-hole
- Versatile: can optionally function as a DHCP server, ensuring all your devices are protected automatically
- Scalable: capable of handling hundreds of millions of queries when installed on server-grade hardware
- Modern: blocks ads over both IPv4 and…