Setup your Pi Hole
Thomas Bnt Aug 14
This post shows how to install Pi Hole on a raspberry Pi 3 B.
- Raspbian installation and update/upgrade packages
First, flash your disk SD from Etcher or other app.
Here is Raspbian Stretch 2017-09-07 Lite
Wait minutes.. and is complete !
Connect your setup for update and install new packages.
sudo apt update -y && sudo apt upgrade -y
Wait good minutes .. during this time drink a good cappuccino.
Install curl :
sudo apt install curl
- Install Pi Hole
You can clone from the repo of Pi Hole or directly curl with this command :
curl -sSL https://install.pi-hole.net | bash
When ask you if you want install on your raspberry and put in static IP, check yes.
You can select blocklists ads :
It will also ask you if you want a web panel, I strongly recommend you to leave validated so that you can from anywhere in the local network connect to the raspberry with a password and manage your DNS/blacklist and have your statistics.
- Web panel and end
As soon as you finish installing Pi Hole, it will give you the localhost address and the password generated.
For edit the password :
sudo pihole -a -p
This is a preview of the panel when you are connected 🎉
The dark theme is edited by me, you can found at this repository.
- Repository of Pi Hole
Easy-to-install: our versatile installer walks you through the process, and takes less than ten minutes
- Resolute: content is blocked in non-browser locations, such as ad-laden mobile apps and smart TVs
- Responsive: seamlessly speeds up the feel of everyday browsing by caching DNS queries
Lightweight: runs smoothly with minimal hardware and software requirements
- Robust: a command line interface that is quality assured for interoperability
- Insightful: a beautiful responsive Web Interface dashboard to view and control your Pi-hole
- Versatile: can optionally function as a DHCP server, ensuring all your devices are protected automatically
- Scalable: capable of handling hundreds of millions of queries when installed on server-grade hardware
- Modern: blocks ads over both IPv4 and…