A weekly selection of design links, brought to you by your friends at the UX Collective.
- Designer vs Corporation → 7 tips to thrive as a creative in a corporate environment.
- 3-Click Myth → Why the 3-click rule is an arbitrary rule not backed by data.
- Cookie-Cutter System → Why a cookie-cutter design system won’t work for your org.
Stories from the community
When every product of design is one of opinion →
The power of visual in product design →
UX vs. business goals: finding the balance →
More top stories:
- Usability testing and how to convince stakeholders →
- The 15 best Figma plugins (so far) →
- Bauhaus: 100 years of a great school ** ** →
- Using the power of familiarity in design ** ** →
- If I have 6 hours to chop down a tree… ** ** →
- What to do when you know everything →
- Being a design leader without the title ** ** →
News & ideas
- Intentional vs. Emergent → Understanding two competing approaches for design systems.
- Dieter Rams’ Gillette → How Dieter Rams designed one of Gillette’s most successful razors.
- Figma at Dropbox → How Dropbox Design migrated to Figma and structured a cross-platform design system.
- Please Like My Tool → Study on how design software companies try to make designers love them.
Featured work: Peter Francis Laxalt →
Tools & resources
- ⌘+C → Copy special characters to your clipboard.
- UI Trial → Get feedback from other designers.
- RSS Mailer → Get your RSS feeds in your inbox.
- ProtoPie Guide → A beginner’s guide to interactions in ProtoPie.
Top comments (0)