Hello everyone, how is it going?
Today I want to show you how you can quickly add an about me section, or simply just a section where you can write whatever you like, on your GitHub profile.
You may have seen this on other profiles and it's a great idea to highlight some information about yourself or what you've been working on lately.
You can also use it to specify what kind of projects you want to collaborate with or if you are looking for a job you could use this space for something creative.
So let's get to it.
If you're like me and rather watch a video, here's one of me explaining how to create it:
If you're more of a reading person, here's how:
- Go to your GitHub page. - If you don't have an account, please create it first
- Create e new repository by clicking on the "+" bottom on the top navigation
- Your new repository name MUST be the same as your username for this to work
- As soon as you write the repository name correctly a warning will show up stating that you just discovered a special repository 🎉 🎉
- You'll need to set the repository as public
- Check Add a README file option
- Click Create Repository
That's it. If you navigate to your profile page, the new section is already visible!
If you're out of ideias on what to write there, here's a post with a lot of examples!