So we have all been there where we want to make a static website and are confused as to where to buy them from. Usually, it involves two steps -
- Where to get the domain name from.
- Where to get the hosting from.
Although there are a lot of competitors in the market choosing the best one becomes again a headache.
But the real question is Do you even need it
In today's world ... and by this, I mean the Internet world, everything is cheap you just have to find the correct shop that is giving it out.
- Head over to freenom. A place which gives out free domain names.
- Nextraone is also a fair price website which I use to buy domain names.
- And then there is Godaddy like always.
- Sites like Freehosting.com or Hostinger.com.
- Github Pages etc.
Here is what I did to host my small website
I bought a domain name from Godaddy called vjnvisakh.info. There is nothing on the site as of now though. :)
Then I created a repository on Github.
Added by index.html file into the repo and pushed it to the repo.
Went to the Github repository(web-version) and created a Github Page using the master branch.
And Voila! the site was updated.
Of course, don't expect to run full-fledged PHP sites via this. But for static websites, it's an easy and cheap way of doing it.