Recently I have been approached for some advice about switching career to software development.
I have come up with a list of suggestions, but thought it is worth tapping into collective thinking.
If someone would approach you, what would you say?
- Where to start?
- Which part of software industry to get to? Web, Apps, AI, Data?
- What is a good starting point for each of those starting points?
- What advice would you give to people thinking of changing their careers to software development?
- Meet-ups for newbies?
- Codebar? https://codebar.io/ Any alternatives or more meet ups with similar goals?
- Coding academy? This is quite a big financial investment that may not be affordable by many
- University? College?
- What else?
What would your advice be to someone who is coming from a different career? Anything goes.