After spending several hours listening to his talks, it occured to me that this information is needed by all developers and perhaps may be beyond the immediate consideration of beginners. In order to do my part to share the message of a man named Robert C Martin I will be writing a summaries of his talks as I watch them.
Robert C Martin is an American software engineer who writes wonderful books about writing code as well as teaching and talking on the material of his books. His website contains a great deal of information, and you have likely heard about these books as many are considered required reading for career developers.
- Designing Object-Oriented C++ Applications Using the Booch Method 1995
- Agile Software Development 2002
- Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship 2009
- The Clean Coder: A Code of Conduct For Professional Programmers 2011
- Clean Architecture: A Craftsman's Guide to Software Structure and Design 2017
- Clean Agile: Back to Basics 2019
Uncle Bob is credited with cretion of the SOLID principles, was a founder of the Agile Manifesto. He served as editor-in-chief of C++ Report magazine and served as the first charman of the Agile Alliance. His writing can be found at blog.cleancoder.com and you can find many of his talks on YouTube if you don't have the ability to attend one in person. He runs a consulting company as as a company that provides training videos.
In the coming weeks I will be writing beginner level summaries of his publicly available videos.