If you could go back to when you first were learning software development, what advice or warnings would you give yourself?
I would tell myself the following:
- Don't get caught up in new technologies or buzzwords.
- I would encourage myself to build the sites and projects I wanted to do, but made up excuses for.
- I would tell myself not to measure my value based on others who had more experience than me.
- I would remind myself that although it's not about the money I need to press for being paid what I am worth and not under sell myself.
- I would be more picky at what jobs I took.
- I would assure myself that I was a fake, and if I continue to work hard I will be a valuable asset.
What about you?