They work together to build beautiful, interactive and dynamic webpages.
- HTML is the skeleton of the website. It's where the content of your web page lives, such as the text, buttons, headings, etc.
- CSS is how your web page looks. It's the presentation, the visually pleasing side of web development.
But what does that even mean?
It's a great programming language to start with because:
- You can start coding right now in this exact moment, using only your browser.
- You can visually see your code come to life.
- Go to your web browser, type in
about:blankand (if you're on a Mac) type
cmd + option + jand it'll open up your console directly. (
ctrl+shift+jfor Windows users).
- Now in your console, type in
Since the language is popular, you won't have issues searching for a job that needs people with your skillset. You'll be employable easily.
SO if you are interesting and if my article has convinced you, I have some resources for you 🎉
Most people would start with freeCodeCamp because it is an INCREDIBLE learning tool for beginners. However, there are a few other resources that are not usually mentioned:
And my personal favorite is a paid course but if you can afford it, I highly recommend investing in it.
What I would suggest is picking one course and sticking to just THAT course. Don't let noise stray you away, you'll master the language in a focused way if you don't get distracted. There's always going to be more to learn but stick to one thing, complete it and then move on to diving deeper.
I am also on Twitter, let's connect and chat there!