Is this your 1st Hacktoberfest? Don't worry! I have your back.
Here are the steps for generating your 1st legit pull request!
- You need to register yourself at Hacktober Fest Website
- After you register yourself, go to Github
- Now, in the search box, you can search for Hacktober Fest label. There will come a list of Repositories/Issues in the result.
- If you don't find that interesting, you can simply go in Explore and checkout various repositories.
- If that repository has a Hacktober Fest topic, congrats, you got a repo for contribution.
- Now, as you have repository, let's start contribution!
- Fork this repo to your account. - Clone the repo to your pc. - Now, make changes or do your contributions to the cloned repo. - After you have done your contributions, commit the changes and push the commit to your repo. - Now, go to your repo on github website and generate a **Pull Request** - Go to [Hacktober Fest Profile Page] (http://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/profile) and you will see the PR generated there. - Now, you need to wait for the Review period to end. - If your PR gets merged, congrats, you have got 1 PR counted for Hacktober Fest!!
Happy Open Sourcing!!