When preparing to put a website online for the first time, it's very important to make sure you check and double-check it's been tested and ready.
I wanted to cover the 10 checklist items I go through when making sure a website is ready to be put online. These include:
- Backup of the previous and new site is done
- Check browser compatibility (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and yes IE)
- Check responsive design (ultra-widescreen, desktop, tablet, phone)
- Remove test content and demo pages
- Click on every link to test and ensure there are no failures
- Add Google Analytics tracking
- Add Google Webmasters and a sitemap
- Add Google Recaptcha to any contact forms
- Ensure all plugins and modules are up to date
- Social Media sharing is setup (eg og-images)
There are heaps of other little ones, but these are normally the top 10 ones that I use to check. A lot of sites I am doing are usually for SME businesses that run on WordPress, but if you have custom systems, security would be another big list item on here too!
Special thanks if you subscribe to my channel :)
I will try to post new great content every day. Here are the latest items: