Last month, I was working in a project and I felt I needed some kind of doc site. Eventually I found docsify which is great but sadly it won't produce static files for the content and relies on client side router, and SEO gets affected.
Plus, I really didn't want to manually make the sidebar...
I also knew there are a lot of options to consider, but it was a great opportunity to gain some skills in node.
So, I started a prototype with the following goals:
- It Should auto generate as much as possible: At least landing page, background, favicon, sidebar, ToC, search.
- It should be dead simple to use and get started.
- It should output a clean, static site, no frameworks, no router.
- It should support multiple languages
- It should be 'nice' to use out of the box.
And a few more.
The result: https://docurry.aboni.dev/
In my opinion it can be useful to quickly document anything an deep customization is not needed.