You may remember that I joined Postman, focusing solely on the Open-Source (OSS) AsyncAPI Initiative. 💕
Yesterday, someone on social media asked me what contributions are needed the most for AsyncAPI Initiative. After asking my team, they gave me a comprehensive list of what is most needed. Ready to contribute? 😃
- Volunteers and speakers for the upcoming October Hackathon and our Online Conference running from November 16-18.
- More docs!
- Dev effort in our react component in the 1.0 version so that we can start working on Studio UI.
- More hands-on CLI development; we're using TS and Ink.
- Regular maintenance for our VS Code plugin.
- Continue improvements and add new features to core tools such as our spec parser/validator and code generator.
- Test out our new baby Glee and share feedback.
- Our website sorely needs a Front-End Dev that is willing to work without designs; we're using React, Tailwind, and Next.js. (Note: Since our OSS team doesn't have a designer, this means being open to improve stuff via trial/error and having the patience to accept that in open source, any contributor can jump into a PR and comment.)
We constantly need help at AsyncAPI Initiative and look forward to regular contributors. In return, we offer any onboarding support you need and a lovely community of people!
Let us know if you need anything to get started! 🌈
👉🏽 Don't forget to join our Slack channel!