My GitHub Graveyard
Avalander Aug 13
This is a project that I actually completed. It is a simple todo list and the goal was to experiment with progressive web apps. It works entirely offline (it doesn't even have a backend) and it uses a service worker and IndexedDB to store source files and data.
The idea behind Restventures was to build a classic text adventure game but instead of text commands, the player would interact with the game through REST endpoints. It never took off, but I still think that the concept is cool. I might continue it some day.
This was my first and last attempt at building something with Go. It is a discord bot and the plan was to implement several text commands that would do cool things. The only command I ever got around implementing was
uptime, which writes how long the bot has been up. Even though I didn't get very far, I learned how to build and deploy a Go server.
This is another completed project. It is a game that I submitted to Game Dev's week of awesome contest. The interesting part is that I built it using functional reactive programming (well, sorta, it's still hackathon code). I wrote a few posts on my blog on Game Dev about the process and a post-mortem.
Gandalf is a wizard (hence the name) to manage shell scripts. Basically, instead of typing
nano /usr/local/bin/my-script, I type
gandalf create my-script -e nano (any editor can be specified via the
-e parameter). It allows creating templates and including templates in scripts, a template being a file or directory to which the script has access.
Originally I wanted to be able to use it to write customisable boilerplates for my projects, but I never made it sophisticated enough for that. I still use it for simpler scripts though, because it helps me distinguish the scripts that I have created from the scripts that third party packages have installed in my
/usr/local/bin directory, which is convenient when cleaning up old stuff.
This is a template project for Elm projects with webpack. Nothing very fancy, I just got tired of typing the same webpack config files every time I started a new project.