It is a fully managed NoSQL database service that provides fast and predictable performance with seamless scalability.
FEATURES of DYNAMODB
• Fully managed NoSQL database service
• Key/value store and document store
• It's a non-relational, key-value type of database
• Fully serverless
• Push button scaling
It captures a time-ordered sequence of item-level modifications in any DynamoDB table and stores this information in a log for up to 24 hours.
Applications can access this log and view the data items as they appeared before and after they were modified, in near-real time.
• Application inserts/updates or deletes item.
• A record is written to DynamoDB stream.
• A Lambda function is triggered.
• The Lambda function writes to CloudWatch Logs.
DYNAMODB TIME TO LIVE
Amazon DynamoDB Time to Live (TTL) allows you to define a per-item timestamp to determine when an item is no longer needed.
Shortly after the date and time of the specified timestamp, DynamoDB deletes the item from your table without consuming any write throughput.
TTL is provided at no extra cost as a means to reduce stored data volumes by retaining only the items that remain current for your workload’s needs.
DYNAMODB ACCELERATOR (DAX)
It is a fully managed, highly available, in-memory cache for Amazon DynamoDB that delivers up to a 10 times performance
improvement from milliseconds to microseconds.
FEATURES OF DAX
• Improves performance from milliseconds to microseconds.
• Can be a read-through cache and write-through cache.
• Used to improve READ and WRITE performance.
• You don't need to modify application logic since DAX is compatible with existing DynamoDB API calls.
DYNAMODB GLOBAL TABLES
DynamoDB Global Tables provides you with a fully managed, multi-region, and multi-active database that delivers fast, local, read and write performance for massively scaled, global applications.
Global tables replicate your DynamoDB tables automatically across your choice of AWS Regions.